Drink Seminar: Chopsticks Not Required: Sake's Versatility in Food Pairing
Presenter: Lara Victoria.
Everybody knows sake pairs well with Japanese cuisine, but what isn't widely recognized is that it is also a great match for food from other cultures. Blue cheese? Fettucine alfredo? You'll be surprised and delighted by the possibilities. WSET Sake Educator Lara Victoria hosts this eye-opening look at sake's food-friendly character, including a fast-track intro to the beverage and pairing suggestions. Guests will taste a range of sakes that illustrate its different styles and how best to serve them.
- Granville Island Osake Junmai Sparkling Sake
- Masukagami - F-60 Rokumaru Seishu
- Masumi - Okuden Junmai
- Yoshi no Gawa - Gokujo Ginjo
- Biwanosasanami - Take Junmai Ginjō
- Dewazakura - Daiginjō
- Asahi Shuzo - Dassai "50" Nigori Junmai Daiginjo
- Yu - Junmai Nama Genshu
- Toshimori - Old Style Junmai Ginjo Yamahai
- Tatenokawa - Yuzu
- Eigashima - Shin White Oak Whisky Umeshu
Classroom style format
Whistler Conference Centre – room assignments will be posted on site