Drink Seminar: Gold Rush: Award-Winning BC Beers
Presenter: Ken Beattie.
It’s no secret that BC produces some of Canada’s best beers, but our local breweries are also crushing the competition when they’re compared to ales and lagers from around the world. Ken Beattie, Executive Director of the BC Craft Brewers Guild, hosts this seminar on the BC breweries leading the charge to the top. He’ll delve into the style, the stories, and the success of half a dozen local breweries that illustrate why we’ve become a destination for international beer lovers. Guests will taste a variety of Gold medal beers that have been recognized at competitions including the BC Beer Awards, the Canadian Brewing Awards, and the World Beer Cup (this year’s competition included 8,000 entries from 66 countries…so it’s like the Olympics, only for beer).
- Contemporary Gose - Corvus Lingonberry Lime Goes - Ravens Brewery
- English Mild Ale - Working Class Hero - Riot Brewing
- North American Style Dark Lager Neon Moon Black Lager
- Extra Special Bitter - Old Jalopy Pale Ale - Powell Brewery
- Specialty IPA - 33 Acres Of Echo, 33 Acres Brewing Co.
- Belgian-Style Tripel - Antwerpen Dageraad Brewing
- Baltic Porter Salted Black Porter Field House Brewing Co
Classroom style format
Whistler Conference Centre – room assignments will be posted on site