CALL FOR A RECIPIENT CHARITY
Cornucopia is looking for a charity partner for 2020.
Cornucopia consistently raises over $35,000 per year for our charity recipient. These dollars come from ticket events, coat checks, and parties, but the majority comes from silent auctions that can be put on throughout the event.
In order for the charity to be successful, considerable time needs to be dedicated to the solicitation of items for these auctions. In addition, the charity takes on the responsibility of the “Special Event Permit”, some administration of that process is required. Cornucopia’s volunteer program is strong, with volunteers that come back year after year regardless of the Charity that is represented, however the Charity recipient is responsible for helping to fill any gaps in the volunteer schedule and encouraging their volunteers to get involved in the event.
Cornucopia, Whistler’s Celebration of Food and Drink is entering its 24th year: Watermark Communications Inc., the event producer, will be selecting a non-profit organisation as the official charitable recipient of Cornucopia. The chosen charity becomes the holder of the Special Event Permit and is responsible for the management of that process.
Watermark will be accepting letters of interest from charitable organisations until Sunday March 8th, 2020. In addition to providing a brief outline of the submitting organisations mandate, the letter should specifically address the following:
- How does the organisation plan to recruit volunteers that are required at various positions throughout the eleven-day event when the regular Cornucopia volunteers are unable to fill all the needs and also the coat checks at events?
- How can the organisation support Cornucopia promotion/marketing initiatives?
- What would the funding be utilized for?
- How does the organisation align with the Cornucopia brand?
- Does the organisation have the ability to issue tax receipts for charitable donations?
- How does the organisation plan to solicit silent auction items for the events where all proceeds benefit the charity recipient?
- Can the charity provide a point person who will be responsible for all communications with Watermark? If so, who is that individual?
- Please provide the organisation’s charity number.
Please keep your submission to less than two pages.
The charity selected will be required to obtain a minimum of 150 appropriate items for the silent auctions.
The application deadline is March 8th, 2020.
A letter of interest should be emailed to: Justina Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org